Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Life In Christ 21 Day Fast

Joel 1:14; Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry out unto the Lord.

Goal of the fast: Spiritual Empowerment

 Fasting consisting of healthy eating: Chicken, fish, vegetables and fruit for 21 days.
 Daily Activity: Scripture & Prayer (3) times daily


Foods to Include in the New Life Fast

 Meat: chicken and fish broiled, baked, or grilled.
 All fruits: These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon.

Foods to Include in the New Life Fast

 All vegetables: These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.

Foods to Include in the New Life Fast

 All whole grains, including but not limited to whole wheat, brown rice, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn.
 All nuts and seeds: including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.
 All legumes: These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.

Foods to Include in the New Life Fast

 All quality oils: including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.
 Beverages: spring water, distilled water or fruit and vegetable juices or other pure waters.
 Other: tofu, soy products, vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs and spices.

Foods to Avoid

 All dairy products: including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs.
 All sweeteners: including but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
All leavened bread: including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.

Foods to Avoid

All refined and processed food products: including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
All deep fried foods: including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.
All solid fats: including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.

Foods to Avoid

Beverages: including but not limited to coffee, tea, herbal teas, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.

Remember, READ THE LABELS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Willis,
This fast took some praying. Whew, but we got some enormous breakthroughs. I have seen marriages reconciled. Loved ones saved, and victory in weight loss. You and Pastor Linda and the entire New Life family are truly a blessing to the body of Christ and to NLIC. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Pastor i Shelia Alexander have not been in church cause we have been threw but GOD is bring us out and the strong teaching that i have got from you and mrs.Linda we will be back. Thank you and keep the good work up.

summerallcarolyn said...

OH!! WHAT A MIGHT GOD WE SERVE
TO PASTORS KEVIN & LINDA WILLIS
I have been blowout of the water you see I"am still in adversary mode.Pastors Linda you took me on a walk of faith in oct of 08 by 09 I was rideing with.Pastors Kevin useding the GPS"GET POSITIONED FOR SUCCESS then in feb pastors k&l took me down the road of beening a tithes and I would not have A pastor that would be willing to preach & teach me how to live and be afraid to preach &teach me how to give all my life.I wanted to do GOD will but I wanted to do it my way this one year at NLIC my pastors have showed me how to do the will of GOD,GOD'S way and at the sametime how to love my self one year at NLIC and what A year we had "DO IT NOW" "GPS"LIVING BY FAITH" "BREAKING THE CYCLE" "FASTING&PRAYING" but what really got me was pastor gave me the name of my struggle CONDEMNATION now I know,pastors I have A relationship with GOD I did't have befor NLIC GOD said I'am your savior and PASTORS KEVIN&LINDA are your driver and they are there to drive you home APRIL,19&20 was off the hook DR.HAUSER SO EXCELLENCE in her own way and what a way what could I say about PASTOR BREONUS MITCHELL but oh GOD to be so excellence that's how to tell god yes.PASTORS KEVIN&LINDA I LOVE AND RESPECT BOTH OF YOU AND NLIC MAY GOD KEEP YOU WITH WITH US ALWAYS PASTORS "COUNT ME IN""BABYSISTER"

Anonymous said...

OH!! WHAT A MIGHT GOD WE SERVE
TO PASTORS KEVIN & LINDA WILLIS
I have been blowout of the water you see I"am still in adversary mode.Pastors Linda you took me on a walk of faith in oct of 08 by 09 I was rideing with.Pastors Kevin useding the GPS"GET POSITIONED FOR SUCCESS then in feb pastors k&l took me down the road of beening a tithes and I would not have A pastor that would be willing to preach & teach me how to live and be afraid to preach &teach me how to give all my life.I wanted to do GOD will but I wanted to do it my way this one year at NLIC my pastors have showed me how to do the will of GOD,GOD'S way and at the sametime how to love my self one year at NLIC and what A year we had "DO IT NOW" "GPS"LIVING BY FAITH" "BREAKING THE CYCLE" "FASTING&PRAYING" but what really got me was pastor gave me the name of my struggle CONDEMNATION now I know,pastors I have A relationship with GOD I did't have befor NLIC GOD said I'am your savior and PASTORS KEVIN&LINDA are your driver and they are there to drive you home APRIL,19&20 was off the hook DR.HAUSER SO EXCELLENCE in her own way and what a way what could I say about PASTOR BREONUS MITCHELL but oh GOD to be so excellence that's how to tell god yes.PASTORS KEVIN&LINDA I LOVE AND RESPECT BOTH OF YOU AND NLIC MAY GOD KEEP YOU WITH WITH US ALWAYS PASTORS "COUNT ME IN""BABYSISTER"